Saturday 5 March 2005

A little background info...


With so much trouble in the world today, and everyone having an opinion on it, I thought "Why not add mine to the mix." So here I am. Let get you a little background to kick things off.

I am a U.S. citizen. I am 24 years old. I am male. I spent a year in Iraq as an army reservist. No I am not/was not "for the war." No, I did not vote for George W. Bush. Yes, I did vote. I am not a Democrat or Republican. I am a moderate who leans a bit to the left. I am for gun licensing and gay marraige, and I am against the death penalty and abortion. I am a christian (in the born-again sense) though I do not believe you can legislate your faith.

I do not believe in "pre-emptive strikes." I don't believe anyone should be allowed to go down the street and kick their neighbors ass because they think that neighbor might do something terrible to them. I believe that sometimes war is enevitable, and that a standing military is necessary. Not the other way around. I believe in exhausting every possible means before going to war. I don't believe we came close in Iraq. I believe it is the right and duty of every citizen to question and criticise its government. I don't believe anyone should bad-mouth someone unreasonably, or be critical without a factual back-up. I believe America is at a low point in world opinion. I believe this matters. I believe we can be great again, its just a matter of setting our priorities back to the right place (clue: people, not "interests"), and showing the world how "good" we really can be...

I believe I am done...for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment